We have found an excellent little vineyard. Next Chapter Vineyard in New Prague, MN ran a LivingSocial a few months back. We choose a weekend for the Vine Pruning Experience. This vineyard was a super small family operation out in the middle of nowhere. We took a road trip and fell in love with every aspect. The tool shed turned wine-tasting space. The wall of mismatched odds and ends that Tim, the owner, uses for his wine creating. The beautiful German Shepard puppy that followed us around everywhere, and of course, the delicious wine!
After the cleanse, I wanted to treat myself. Kinda like when people reach certain weight loss goals, they’ll buy a new pair of shoes, a nice bottle of wine, or something rewarding to them. This wasn’t a weight loss goal but a 5-day cleanse was trying and at times, frustrating. So… I decided to splurge on a few pieces of Lulu. Ladies beware, it’s dangerous in there! The colors of the season are bangin’ hot.
This lion cub-looking puppy melts my heart. He makes me want to find a way to keep puppies small. Forever and always. I like big dogs, too, but there’s something about little puppies that can instantly change your mood. The next breed I’d like to own is either a Corgi or a Great Bernese Mountain Dog. A little and a big.
I don’t consider myself a brand whore. In fact, I prefer the term brand loyal. There are a few with which I happily associate myself and highly recommend. This snapshot showcases four of them (artistic, no?). The car I drive right now is a Lexus. I’m thisclose to having it paid off. This model is one I saw on the freeway and secretly told myself I’d tote around my four kids in it one day… got the car, time to work on step two. The thumb holes on my Lululemon tops are reason alone to fall in love with the Vancouver-based retailer. No more sleeves rolling up into your jacket! Bazinga! Gorgeous, comfy clothing, totally unaffordable, but that’s what wish lists are for, right? I prefer regular water, by the gallon, I’m a water girl at heart. As long as it doesn’t taste like plastic, and doesn’t carry a strain of motezumas revenge (worst Mexico trip ever!)… I’ll guzzle it. After a good workout, I prefer Zico coconut water. After weightlifting, when my arms are like jelly worms, I pretend I spent all morning on a deserted island, hacking away at a palm tree to reach some of this glory. Last, but not least, a year ago we discovered a new shop called Superdry. I figured it was a high end, boutique fabric softener store – boy was I wrong. Behold some of the best jackets known to man. Superdry is a company based in Japan that knows the value of a zipper (or ten). This jacket (also with thumb holes I might add) retails for $140, it’s called the polar windcheater and worth every penny.
This tall, beautiful brunette is a breath of fresh air. I consider her one of my best friends and had to visit her while vacationing in her zip code. I made a reservation under a fake name (Debra Morgan, holla Dexter freaks!) and surprised her at the swanky salon where she works. It only took me 2 hours of public transportation bus riding and a mile walk to get there, but well worth the effort! Those annual girls trips I take? She’s one of the six ladies, and I would not be as far along in my life as I am without her straight talk, cuddles and infectious laugh. Mwah Carla!
Made a visit to Universal Studios. The best part? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The cobblestone, Butterbeer [a nonalcoholic butterscotch and root beer flavored frothy drink that tastes spectacular with smuggled in whiskey], everything! There’s even a wand shop where you can buy a phoenix-feather wand. Whoever thru this place together paid unbelievable attention to detail – I swear the air even smelled like freakin Hogwarts!
There’s a franchise in Florida that must make its way to the Midwest. Lime Fresh Mexican Grill has this magical salsa bar that is entirely glorious. Whoever thought to offer serve yourself pineapple salsa deserves a raise. Or an orgasm. I literally ate three cups of pineapple salsa in record time. Inhaled it.
I’m getting in the habit of daily recognizing things I’m thankful for. The more I notice it, the better life seems. Sometimes I even write it down in my positive journal. It’s healthy to be thankful, especially when life is so good.
1) friends • through the ups and downs, we stick together,. enough said, they are my rock.
2) puppy kisses • no matter what, he loves me more than i can fathom.
3) running • no better way to relieve stress and clear my mind, i love hitting the pavement.
4) sushi • i would eat sushi everyday if i could… i just might turn into a fish..
5) creative opportunities • i seriously work in some of the most creative realms, i cannot wait to see what 2012 holds.
6) sleep • do i really need to explain this one? i can sleep anytime, anywhere, on any surface.
7) parents • not to be outdone at spot seven, i don’t know what i would do without them. probably melt.
8) sunshine • a dose of beautiful shiny rays does the skin good. vitamin d, anyone?
9) daydreaming • it’s amazing what your mind will come up with if you put no boundaries, no barriers, no restrictions on your thoughts, i love daydreaming and then tracing it back to the beginning thought.
10) fresh air • maybe it’s just Minnesota, maybe it’s all the lakes, but i love the feeling of fresh air filling my lungs; nothing but pure oxygen; good for the soul.
what are you thankful for?